- Enable the university to achieve its mission by providing foundational information security capabilities. We invest in talented individuals whose work in cybersecurity, identity and access management, and privacy supports students, researchers, educators and staff.
- Adopt new capabilities as industry standards and university needs warrant. We aim to continually improve the user experience and facilitate ease of use.
- Provide continual incident and emerging threat response activities and coordination among stakeholders. We use industry best practices to reduce cybersecurity threats.
- Support university leaders with access to information security data and knowledge about their own information security risks.
- Develop partnerships, facilitate stakeholder engagement and awareness, and educate the university community in order to develop a risk aware culture.
- Fail fast and embrace prototypes
- Learn from mistakes and try again
- Walk a mile in others' shoes
- Spend more time listening
- Leverage partnerships and the community: together we are better
- Treat others how you want to be treated
- Communicate, Communicate, Communicate
- Say what we do; Do what we say
- Establish clear expectations
- Speak with One Voice