Cybersecurity Awareness Month
While there are many things you can do to protect your privacy and data, below are some quick tips and actions to take to be more cyber secure:
Prioritize device security
- Update to the most recent versions of Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android operating systems on all your devices.
- Use multi-factor authentication for all accounts. (The University's version is Duo 2FA)
- Make sure your anti-virus software is updated.
Avoid easily guessed passwords
- Create a strong and unique password of at least 12 characters.
Double check the source
- Don’t click on unknown links within emails or websites.
October Cybersecurity Training
- Learn more about the importance of strong and unique passwords and multi-factor authentication by taking “Pick Your Passwords” and “Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)” at https://go.uillinois.edu/securitytraining/.
Training is available to everyone on the Illinois campus by logging in with your NetID and password. Take as many optional trainings as you wish.
NEW for students!
Update your anti-virus protection
- Students can visit the Webstore for a free anti-virus software option that works on Mac, PC and Chromebook. Find Malwarebytes in Webstore