If you fear for your or someone else’s safety, call 911.
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
Report incidents or other urgent cybersecurity events such as ransomware or a data breach by sending an email to email@example.com or calling 217-265-0000.
University of Illinois Springfield
Report incidents to firstname.lastname@example.org. Provide as many relevant details as possible. A member of the Cybersecurity Operations Center (CSOC) will respond and provide additional next steps.
What is an incident?
A cybersecurity incident is an event that poses a threat to the confidentiality, integrity, or availability of information systems and data that the university system processes, stores, or transmits. Incidents may also violate security policies, security procedures, or acceptable use policies.
Always report the following
- Compromised university accounts or devices
- Theft of a university computer. Also report to University of Illinois Police Department
- Sensitive data has been exposed to parties who should not have access
Actions to take
- Suspected compromised accounts should have their password changed
- Leave the machine powered on but disconnected from the network (wired, wireless, or virtual connections) and do not use it.