Manage My Identity
Active Directory display name
Your display name is automatically taken from your legal name on record with Illinois Human Resources. If you would prefer a different display name, you may use one of the following methods to make a change.
- Request a Published/Professional Name to be added to your record (Faculty only)
- Update your legal name
- Specify a preferred first name
- Request a custom display name
Instructions for these options can be found in the UIUC Tech Help Center article here: Identity Management, Active Directory, How to Change Display Name for Faculty/Staff
Specify a preferred first name
You may set a preferred first name in your My UI Info portal to display in the Active Directory. This name will replace your first name in many university systems. Changing your preferred first name will not change your legal name on record with the university.
View https://www.uillinois.edu/about/policies/preferred_first_name_statement for more information.
Protect My Identity
The NetID Center is the central location for managing your University of Illinois NetID password, as well as 2FA (Two-factor authentication).
Identity theft occurs when an unauthorized party uses your personally identifying information to perform activities such as creating accounts, making purchases, or committing other types of fraud.
- Find tips and learn ways to be aware of and help prevent your identity being targeted by criminal actors at: https://www.cisa.gov/topics/cybersecurity-best-practices/identity-theft-and-personal-cyber-threats
- If you believe you are the target of identity theft, a valuable resource to help you recover is available here: https://www.identitytheft.gov